the Tangled Confession blog is rapidly increasing- both in number of followers and number of messages! I think that, in order to make this site more interesting and less repetetive for both you and I, some guidelines should be set.
- this is not a character bashing blog. confessions are places you can confess things- and this means that, yes, you are certainly allowed to confess that you don’t like a character. but if that is your confession, please provide some reasoning for your dislike. "i hate him so much" isn’t really a confession.
- this is a confession blog- so make confessions. many of the “confessions” received are merely people’s favorite characters and so on. it’s fine to like a character, but saying that you like the main character isn’t quite a confession, seeing as you can simply say it instead of confessing it to someone. on the other hand, saying you like a villain or a less-popular character is actually a confession, because not many people like them and you might not want to confess publicly that you like that character.
- confessions, not facts! along the same vein, many people have taken to submitting facts instead of confessions. by saying, “maximus can run really fast”, you’re not actually making a confession, simply stating a fact. please refrain from doing this, as facts will not be posted.
- let’s stay drama-free, shall we? this site was made to be fun- for people to hear others’ opinions without pressure or an uncomfortable atmosphere. many other “confession” blogs have taken an unwelcome descent into heated arguments and confrontations because of people who disagree. please don’t submit messages just to stir things up. that’s not fair to anyone.
- try to stay away from repetition. many confessions received are almost exactly like past ones published. you wouldn’t believe how many of “i like rapunzel with short brown hair” and “i liked rapunzel with long blonde hair” are submitted daily. if you’ve seen it already, even if the wording is different, please don’t send it in again! it’s likely that it won’t be published. we’re seeking new material!
- keep it short. preferably 20 words or less. the shorter the confession, the easier it is to make, and the faster it will be published. if you really must keep it long, then send it in its entirety, but i’ll try to cut them down whenever possible.
thanks for taking the time to read this through! this blog is lucky to have such great followers, and i can’t wait for this it to keep getting bigger and better.